Software Engineering Lead (f/m/d)
We build and run highly-scalable cloud-based software products that help organizations tap into the full potential of their employees. Our products help our customers deliver the best possible human-to-human customer experience.
What you will do:
Writing simple and extensible code that your colleagues love to read and providing them code reviews
Understanding business requirements and representing the engineering function in product discussions to assess the technical feasibility and provide the best solution design
Leading a very skilled team of engineers across multiple areas including coaching, onboarding, personal growth, and day-to-day operations
Applying engineering best practices and company-wide standards (e.g. pair-programming, TDD, etc.) to maintain and improve our services
Ensuring high-quality team outcomes by maintaining and evolving the system design of the team-specific code base
Working in a lean product development environment with a collaborative working style and being able to thrive in complex but rewarding problems
What you bring to the role:
Expertise in writing data-intensive, horizontally-scalable applications
Experience with cloud-native development (microservices, containers, immutable infrastructure, continuous delivery)
Hands-on experience with preferably Ruby, Typescript, Python and/or Go (coding, testing, building, packaging, deployment, and monitoring)
Experience in and opinions on good and bad approaches to software architecture, system design, microservices, API management, data modeling, and legacy integration techniques
What we offer:
- Benefits: High-end IT equipment, company smartphone, work from home, or a public transport ticket resp. free parking, stock options, the offer of a company pension plan and a job bike.
- Feel-good atmosphere: This includes a state-of-the-art working environment, including free catering, team and company events, surrounded and supported by great colleagues.
- Flexibility: Need some help while relocating? Do you need to adjust your working hours (part-/full-time) or take a sabbatical because your life situation has changed? If all fits together, we make many things possible.
- Space for participation: Share your ideas with us! In return, we will give you the space necessary to grow creatively within an experienced, knowledgeable and fun team.
- Individual development: The personal growth of each employee is very important to us. So, if you're not just looking for a job, but want opportunities to advance yourself, this is the place for you.
Continuous learning: Constantly broaden your horizons! Be it at our Open Spaces, at workshops, conferences or at our meetups and events, or by learning from failure.
Streamlined onboarding: We provide an in-depth, engaging onboarding program that brings you up to speed. Your colleagues will introduce you to everything you need to know, and will be available to answer your questions.
... and lots more.
About InVision, in a few words:
Established in 1995, we are developing Software as a Service (SaaS) products for Workforce Management and Digital Education. Thousands of business customers around the globe use our solutions. We value simplicity, trust, and teamwork. You won’t find the usual hierarchical structures here but truly empowered product and customer teams. We are a diverse group of international professionals. On top of that, we are a certified Great Place to Work.
Even if you’re not sure whether you can fulfill all the tasks, or if you’re not always one hundred percent convinced of your abilities yourself, or you think you don't have enough self-confidence, please don't hesitate to apply with us.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and inclusion. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to ethnicity, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy, age, protected veteran status, or disability status